The NetCDF-Java/Common Data Model (CDM) library and THREDDS Data Server (TDS) version 4.6.6 releases were finished on June 13th, 2016. This is a stable release, and as such, the development team recommends this upgrade to anyone using the CDM or TDS. The latest update can be downloaded from:
Version 4.6.5 was released on April 5th, 2016. The 4.6.6 release addresses the following issues from the 4.6.5 release:
New features and enhancements
- Support GRIB2 rotated latitude/longitude grid as CF Conventions rotated pole grid
- Added "Netcdf4Clibrary.useForReading" property to threddsConfig.xml
- Fallback to FSL/NCEP local table superclasses for GRIB2 level and statistic names
- Fixed multiple issues regarding very large, filtered HDF5 data chunks
- _FillValue attribute in HDF files no longer ignored
- BUFR tables update
- godiva2: Replace broken WMS background layers
- THREDDS catalogs can have multiple properties with the same name
For a full list of changes between v4.6.5 and v4.6.6, as well as links to the original GitHub issues, please see the GitHub issue tracker.
All users are strongly encouraged to move to 4.6. For more information about the 4.6 release and how to upgrade, please see Upgrading to TDS 4.6.
Real-world use of new features by the user community is integral to the process of creating and refining these libraries. Please send any potential issues to the development team via the THREDDS GitHub issue tracker, Unidata's support system (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or the user community mailing lists (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).