Unidata Policy Committee
Thursday, 21 October 2010
NOAA/ESRL-Room 1D 708
Friday, 22 October 2010
Center Green 1, Room 3150
Action Items from April 2010 meeting:
1. In addition to an NREL representative to speak to the committee about renewable energy, the UPC should invite a representative from the private sector. Greg Poulos (V-bar) was mentioned as a possible candidate.
2. For the fall meeting the UPC should hold a portion of the meeting at NOAA/ESRL.
3. An AWIPS II demo will be presented at the fall meeting. Michelle Mainelli NWS will Michael James will provide the joint presentation.
4. Policy Committee members are urged to submit candidates with Climate expertise for the new governing committee members when the UPC makes the call for nominations.
5. Explore the possibility of Unidata's branding: products to raise its visibility. Report back to committee.
8:45 Director's Report - Mohan Ramamurthy
9:45 Budget Report (Terry Mitchell)
10:15 Future Improvements of Weather and Climate Prediction - Alexander “Sandy” MacDonald, Director ESRL and Deputy Assistant Administrator for Research Laboratories and Cooperative Institutes
4:45 Users Committee Report - Tom Whittaker
5:45 Dinner on NCAR Mesa Lab patio (indoor seating in the cafeteria)
Friday, 22 October - Center Green 1 Room 3150
8:00 Continental Breakfast
8:30 Executive Session – Mohan Ramamurthy
8:45 Deep Executive Session - Steven Businger
9:15 AWIPS-2 – Presentation and Demonstration
10:45 Wrap up and discussion
Community Services - Unidata
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
303 497-8646 fax: 303 497-8690