Re: [awips2-users] Viewing Archived Gempak Model Files in NCP

  • To: weather01089 <admin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] Viewing Archived Gempak Model Files in NCP
  • From: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:56:16 -0600
Ray and others,

I have added an additional system requirement to the installation document:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/install.html#3.1

Qpid is known to crash on some systems which have not defined a higher
security limit for user processes and files. To be sure that Qpid can
handle the high number of messages from edexBridge, add the following two
lines to /etc/security/limits.conf:

awips soft nproc 65536
awips soft nofile 65536

Michael James