Re: [awips2-users] Viewing Archived Gempak Model Files in NCP

  • To: weather01089 <admin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] Viewing Archived Gempak Model Files in NCP
  • From: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:54:24 -0600
On Azure and EC2 cloud instances, for example, `hostname` is not a fully
qualified name by default.  The following steps are required to get EDEX to
work on such a system:

* in /etc/sysconfig/network:

HOSTNAME=miniload3.cloudapp.net
NETWORKING=yes

* in /etc/hosts

10.79.24.5  miniload3.cloudapp.net

where 10.79.24.5 is the *internal* IP address.  the goal here is that from
within the server, the fully qualified domain name can be DNS resolved to
the internal IP adress, while outside the server the name is resolved to
the external IP address.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO