Re: [awips2-users] qpid-stat (python) not working on latest awips2-server install

Greetings.   We are performing the “CAVE only” install and upon running
/awips2/cave/cave.sh &  are not able to get the interface to launch and are
left with a curious message we can’t troubleshoot any further in the log file.
Here is what we did…

1.       As root, after following instructions 1-3 on
www.unidatea.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/cave_install.html<http://www.unidatea.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/cave_install.html>,
 and then removing user awips and group fxalpha from a previous attempt (and
likewise deleting /awips2 dir), and then following step 4  we obtain no errors
with the install.

a.       However,  step 5 (which we first su awips from root before running
/awips2/cave/cave.sh &) yields “find: failed to restore initial working
directory: Permission denied” as it tries to clean console logs then ends with
no other error message (and no CAVE interface launch).

b.      We then as user awips cd to /home/awips, and then run
/awips2/cave/cave.sh & and get the Cleaning Console logs  message with NO
errors – then the script ends quietly (no messages) – and no CAVE interface.

c.       Of the 3 corresponding log files created in
/home/awips/caveData/logs/consoleLogs/lnx_env001; only
cave_20141014_145156.pid_21435_console.log is NOT a zero byte file (attached)

d.      The log file ends with “An error has occurred.  See the log file
/home/awips/caveData/.metadata/.log” and an exit status of 13

e.      That latter log file -- /home/awips/caveData/.metadata/.log   does not
exist making it very difficult for us to troubleshoot any further and it seems
a basename to the log file is not assigned.

2.       For fun we then invoked the command Michael suggested below.   After
no errors we upon executing Step 5 got the exact same results as outlined in
1a-e. above (with slightly different names to the log files since they have a
time stamp in their names)

Although the instructions on line don’t specify we need to do as such, do we
need to install EDEX server? And if not, could someone help us identify where
we are going wrong with the install?

Pete