[awips2-users] Ingesting McIDAS area files in AWIPS II

Has any one been successful in ingesting McIDAS area files (other than UNWISC)
in AWIPS II?

I recently began converting the Himawari-8 DAT files and remapping them with
McIDAS-X (2015v1) to display in AWIPS and have had some difficulties.

Sometimes the area files will display and sometimes they won’t (no consistency
or pattern). I usually end up having to critique the size and resolution of
each multiple times before the file finally displays in AWIPS. The files are
generally remapped in Rectangular format using the native resolution and size
if possible.

You guys have any suggestions or ideas?

Justin

  • Search the awips2-users archives: