Re: [cf-pointobsconvention] Draft 2

NOTE: The cf-pointobsconvention mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Well, it's not that ridiculously straightforward :-(

CSML: The climate sciences *modelling* language, is the first (as far as we know) attempt to build a *model* of climate science features ("beyond" lines polygons etc, but "less than" grids) which are consistent with the geospatial communities ideas (especially as expressed in GML, but based on the underlying ISO and OGC standards) see http://ndg.nerc.ac.uk/csml ...

But, having done that, we still have to store the underlying binary data, and for that we prefer netCDF, and that does bring us back to initiatives like this. I don't think we can escape these thought processes :-) ... which will then feedback to iniatives like CSML and on a longer time scale, the harmonisation of the Unidata SDM, CSML and OGC fundamentals ...

Cheers
Bryan