Re: [cf-satellite] Initial draft of a C-RDR structure for NPP VIIRS data

  • To: Tom Whittaker <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [cf-satellite] Initial draft of a C-RDR structure for NPP VIIRS data
  • From: Drew Saunders <Drew.Saunders@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:17:37 -0400
Hi Tom,

Definitely a telecon sounds worthwhile. Until then I can provide some of the basics of what we are doing.

Realizing the NPP Raw Data Records (RDR) were created more for deep archive, not reprocessing, we are creating raw L0 data files for easy and efficient access. We are calling these 'products' Climate RDRs. The Climate RDR contains raw measurements that are uncompressed and extracted from their CCSDS packets. The Climate RDR is not calibrated or geolocated but the calibration and geolocation coefficients are stored in a companion file. Both the Climate RDRs and processing coefficients will be archived and available through
the NOAA Archives (CLASS).

Drew

Drew Saunders
Climate RDR Project Lead
STG, Inc., Government Contractor
Remote Sensing and Applications Division (RSAD)
National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801-5001
(828) 271-4268

Tom Whittaker wrote:
Hi John....

Probably have to be the week after next -- Tom Rink & Tommy Jasmin
(and others) will be at a conference next week.  Let's touch base when
they return.

tom