Re: [cf-satellite] CF Swath Data Proposal for Review

Hi Aleksander:

I hope this message finds you well.

(1)
I have one overarching question.

Boiling down what you have written down, I think you are asking the CF standard
to be extended to include several swath feature types: multibandSwath,
multibandImageSwath, swath, imageSwath, profileSwath, multibandProfileSwath,
FORProfileSwath - as you allude to in the beginning of the paper.  Is this
correct ?

One other issue worth mentioning …

(2)
In the interest in NOT letting a mistake we made in the application of CF
conventions to GOES-R products represented on a standard angular grid,
propagate to swaths ….

When you declare that projection_x_coordinate and projection_y_coordinate have
units = “radians”. This is not allowed because the canonical units for these
standard_names are meters.  If I had to do it over again, I would have asked
for new standard names, something like projection_x_angular_coordinate and
projection_y_angular_coordinate.

v/r

randy