To:      Subscribers:
         -Family of Services
         -NOAA Weather Wire Service
         -Emergency Managers Weather Information Network
         -NOAAPORT
         Other NWS Partners and NWS Employees

From:    Bob Detrick
         Acting NOAA Chief Scientist
         Chair, NOAA Research Council

Subject: Release of NOAA Five Year Research and Development
         Plan on September 24, 2013

On September 24, 2013, NOAA released the NOAA Five Year Research
and Development Plan. The plan, the third of its kind at
NOAA and the first to include development, will help guide the
NOAA Research and Development portfolio from 2013-2017.

NOAA Research and Development continues to evolve with the needs
of the nation and has been directed to increase our understanding
of the oceans, coasts, climate and weather. NOAA seeks an
understanding of the global ocean-atmosphere system, and the
ecosystems it supports, to inform decision-making aimed at
building a more sustainable society. This Five Year Plan will:

-Guide the management of Research and Development projects by
 providing a basis for planning, tracking, and evaluating results

-Promote collaboration with partners inside and outside the
 Federal government to further serve society through NOAA's
 Research and Development enterprise

NOAA relies on stakeholder input and partnerships for a
successful Research and Development enterprise. The content of
this plan and the direction of Research and Development at NOAA is
a reflection of our partnership with you. Your input helped us
identify the Research and Development needs to better serve society.

We are excited to release the plan in an online, interactive and
accessible format at
nrc.noaa.gov/CouncilProducts/ResearchPlans/5YearRDPlan.aspx.

A PDF of the plan can also be found on the website.
Thank you for your valuable support throughout the process of
developing this plan and your continued engagement.
http://www.nrc.noaa.gov/plans.html This is your opportunity to provide input into NOAA's Research
and Development portfolio before the release of the final
version this summer. Thank you for your valuable support
and engagement.
For further information, contact:

oar.rc.execsec@xxxxxxxx

National Public Information Statements are online at:

http://www.weather.gov/os/notif.htm

$$

  • Search the community archives: