Re: using mysql with ldm

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Dave Dempsey wrote:

On 9/23/04 8:44 AM, "Robb Kambic" <rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hiya,
>
> i'm working on a solution using
> my THREDDS work to implement a decoder to bust up surface bulletins into
> individual reports and to store then into a database.

Rob,

Does this relate to the ldmConnect program that I still have my pqact.conf
file invoke when we receive forecast discussions, zone forecasts, etc.?

Noop, ldmConnect was written many years ago. this will be new development.

robb...

Invocations of ldmConnect tend to remain running for a while on our LDM
server, and sometimes there are so many of them that the machine's limit on
number of processes is reached and the machine slows way, way down. I'd
certainly like to see a better solution, if one isn't already available!

-- Dave

*                                      |         __ __    \|/  *
*   Dr. Dave Dempsey                   | )   ^  /|| ||\  --0-- *
*   Dept. of Geosciences               |) ) ^  / ||_|| \  /|\  *
*   San Francisco State University     | ) )  /  | _ |  \      *
*   1600 Holloway Ave.                 |)   )/   || ||   \     *
*   San Francisco, CA   94132          | )   )   ||_||    \    *
*   Phone:  (415) 338-7716             |  )   )  || ||      \  *
*   Email:  ddempsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  )  )  )  ~  ~   ~ ~  *

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: