Re: [decoders] First post - GRIB2 decoders

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi Devin,

Yes. I have tried that software. It recognizes the index. However, as soon as
you select filetype (flt) grid (Projected original GRIB) generate file (Either
LT or asc) it chokes and throws an error:

ERROR: In call to Grib2Convert()
ERROR: In call to ReadGrib2Record.
Problems in MetaParse. Parse error Section 3
Un-supported Map Projectoin 90.

I contacted the support for this software in April, and their reply was that
no, indeed, the reader was not developed for the projection type MPE uses, and
cannot be used to convert the MPE data.

J.
Devin Eyre wrote:
Have you tried the degrib app written by Arthur Taylor?

  • Search the decoders archives: