[decoders] Grib File Data Extraction

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

I'm looking for some examples of extracting data from grib files using  the
Java decoders.  The Grib1Dump utility shows the output at the bottom of this
message.  However, when I load the file using the code below, I get zero
records. I'm new to  grib files, and my understanding is that there should be a
record for each parameter.

              ucar.unidata.io.RandomAccessFile raf = new
ucar.unidata.io.RandomAccessFile("data/seaTemp1","r");
              Grib1Input gribInput = new Grib1Input(raf);
              System.out.println("GRIB version is " +  gribInput.getEdition());