Re: DIFAX on Internet

NOTE: The difax mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

From: LEUTHOLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mike Leuthold, University of Arizona)

Mike,

Add me to the mailing list for DIFAX.

Done.

My solution to this problem is to ftp the products from Unisys's ftp server and
use a graphics utility to convert to Postscript.  This file will then be
printed to a 11x17 printer.  This software effort has begun but Unisys's .pcx
format files seem to be incompatable with the pbmplus pcx conversion program.

This has been reported and fixed by others:

Contact Harry Edmon: harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or Don Schleede at SUNY Brockport: don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Don Schleede <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mitch,

By the way, I just saw Dave Fulkers Message about Difax. Since we are getting Difax
already on the internet, I wrote a program that takes PCX files,a nd converts them
to the same format for the d100 printer. So our maps are printed on the d100.
However, the d100 is connected to a unix machine."

Xv does read these files however.  Do you know of anyone else using Unisys's
DIFAX products?  Thanks

Please see above.

Tom Yoksas
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <

  • Search the difax archives: