[galeon] WCS for interop testing?

Peter, Ben, and Tillman,

GMU has implemented a WCS server supporting multiple file formats including GeoTiff. The URLs are:

http://data.laits.gmu.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wcs110?
http://geobrain.laits.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wcs110?

Although named wcs110, the server also supports v1.0.0. Please note that the first URL has a slower network (T1) and the second URL has a fast network (Internet II). However the GetCapabilities and DescribeCoverage responses from the 2nd URL are extremely large (close to 50MB and 200 MB respectively) due to the huge data volume. We are in the process of splitting our data products and serve them through multiple server instances.

The server has been tested and used in several NASA funded projects, one of which is the GeoBrain project (http://geobrain.laits.gmu.edu:81/OnAS/ http://geobrain.laits.gmu.edu/).

The developer of the server is Dr. Peichun Li. He can be reached at pli4@xxxxxxx, if there are any questions regarding the server. He also provides some notes on using the server at http://data.laits.gmu.edu:8080/pli/www/wcs110.htm.

Regards,

Wenli

Hi listers,

Stan Tillman has approached me: Intergraph is looking for a WCS server
for cross testing. Any help from GALEON or other folks is greatly
appreciated.

thanks,
Peter