Re: [galeon] Rudimentary Exercise of GALEON WCS Servers

Hi All,

Yes, many thanks to Ben for doing these tests. I will try and fix up any errors that I can see in the WCS client code to make it more robust. Some of the errors occur when expected metadata is not available on the server and the client should handle this more gracefully.

Maarten, In terms of CRS, resX, resY, width, height I think you should be able to just pass these args through the client (or indeed any other args). The "cvg.supportedCRS" attribute should list the available CRSs for a coverage (cvg). Let me know if you have problems with this.

Roy, in answer to your questions, the development trunk WCS client code can be checked out from subversion here:
$svn co http://svn.gispython.org/svn/gispy/OWSLib/trunk OWSLib

A versioned release is also available for download here, but this will not contain any recent fixes:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/OWSLib

The tests directory contains some doctests which serve as examples and should help you get started with the client. I have also asked Ben to post some sample code on the GALEON wiki. I have replicated the grid box problem Ben had with the PFEG server so I will send you the python for this in a separate email.

Regards
Dominic