Re: [galeon] GALEON-related OGC Coverages Discussions

Hello all,

I've asked Greg to block off a session for the entirety of Monday (December 1)
afternoon at the Valencia OGC Technical Committee meeting for the joint session
between theCoverages group and SWE O&M.    The EGU would be another good place.
.  In my conversations here, there is some concern that many of the interested US
people may not make it to either of those European venues.

Perhaps we can do something at the Fall AGU in San Francisco as John Graybeal
suggests.  The advantage of the EGU and AGU is that they are open to those who
are not OGC members.

In fact, the presentations from last year's Interoperability Day (which covered
many of these topics) at the Boulder OGC TC are indeed available at:

http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome/GALEON%20Phase2%20Main%20Page/Unidata%20OGC%20Interoperability%20Day%20Presentations

It would definitely be good to start the discussion  online before the December
meetings.  If there are suggestions for a better mechanism than this email
list, let me know.   I think we can set up a topical forum on the Unidata web
site, but that does not seem to be a very popular approach so far.  We can also
publish white papers on the GALEON wiki to get the conversation going.   Other
ideas?

--  Ben