Re: 20050203: IDD grib meta tags

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Unidata Support wrote:

These metadata tags are only part of the LDM product delimeter used to help identify the product, and not part of the actual data stream products. Therefore, no change to the data will occur. However, if your site is using the /m(ETA) or /m(AVN|SSIAVN) pattern in file naming by pqact, you will need to ensure the output is to the file name convention you are expecting. If you are not using the pqact string substitution in your local file names, then other processing will be unaffected.

Steve,

So if we are using a pattern-action such as

HDS     ^[YZ].[QR].*/m(ETA|NAM)
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_ETA.log
                -e GEMTBL=/weather/GEMPAK5.7.2p2/gempak/tables

am I correct in stating that the name of the file would come from the 'gribkey.tbl' file and, unless that 'gribkey.tbl' file is modified, the file names of this model will still come out as 'YYYYMMDDHH_eta@@@.gem'?

Tom McDermott                           Email: tmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator                   Phone: (585) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (585) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport