Re: VISIBLE IMAGERY

I can speak to the radar mosaic piece, a little... Daryl Herzmann is the guru... or Chiz.

There's no good way to mosaic images from Legel II data. I've started doing this using Mapserver, but I've not gotten too far as there are time issues right now! for Level III data, nex2img works like a champ. The following params for nex2img should result in a mosaic of a square surrounding Texas.

 GRDAREA  = 24.60;-106.80;37.50;-93.50
 PROJ     = CED
 KXKY     = 1330;1290
CPYFIL GFUNC = n0r
 RADTIM   = current
 RADDUR   = 15
RADFRQ STNFIL = Txnexrad.tbl
 RADMODE  = P
 RADFIL   = /usr/local/ldm/images/radar/01_mesonet.gif
 LUTFIL   = upc_rad24.tbl
 list
 run

Ryan Jewell wrote:
Hello all, this is my first message.

I am running GEMPAK at home. Is there anywhere to ftp or wget 1km visible imagery every 15 minutes for GOES12?

The noaa site only has 4km and every half hour...that's pretty coarse. I found a nasa site that has TIFF images of central plains in 1km, but NMAP can't read that.

Also, I'm having trouble making radar mosaics from individual site radars I download from NWS. If anyone has the infrastructure in place, I could use some help. Thanks a lot,

Ryan Jewell