RE: Creating overlay for a *gif map

Creating overlay for a *gif mapNancy,

I have many scripts (cshell) running from cron doing this.  What I do is
before the gempak program(s) runs in the script, name the image:

set tmpgif=basic_stplot.gif.tmp
set finalgif=/path/to/gif/directory/basic_stplot.gif

then gempak runs whatever program with

device=gf|$tmpgif|800:600

run whatever gempak programs you need using the same device name and setting
CLEAR=NO.  Then at the end of your gempak programs, put:

if ( -e $tmpgif ) then
   mv $tmpgif $finalgif
endif

I would imagine that you don't even have to go through all this, you can
just run sfmap over and over using the same DEVICE for each gempak program
and setting CLEAR=NO.   I don't believe the *.gif is actually "created"
until you run GPEND, at least that's the way it is running interactively
using the device=gif setting.

I have many gempak scripts as I said, and can send you an example of a full
script if you would like.

Patrick