RE: computer freezes

Robert,

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Robert Mullenax wrote:

Gabe,

Either one of your scripts isn't running gpend (look into running the _gf versions), or you have run into another issue (sorry Art, but it's true)

Hmmm, not sure what you mean here, could you elaborate?

where gf or gplt will hang if you have too many GEMPAK processes running sequentially in a GEMPAK script, even if you are running gpend or using the _gf versions.

Our whole ewall (web map wall) runs primarily on gempak scripts, many of which run simultaneously. By-and-large, we see very few problems doing this. However, we do run cleanup scripts twice daily that kill-off hung gplts, etc... We also increased our ipc queue limits to 72 since many gempak processes can chew these up pretty fast.

Another part of the company has a Linux cluster that I must use until we finish getting our own Solaris x86 clutser, and I have encountered this issue. If you have any very long GEMPAM scripts, you may try breaking them into pieces (after you have checked for missing gpends).

Maybe ours aren't long enough to hit this problem you're seeing... how long do yours get before they start having trouble?

                                Art.