Re: 20050510: computer freezes

Gabe,

Have you tried logging onto the system from another machine via ssh or telnet during these periods?
 If so, is it sticky from there too?  I'm wondering if something could be hanging up your X server.
 Also, are there any hints in /var/log/messages* or /var/log/boot.log*?  Nothing jumps out at me in
your top log.  You might try logging "ps -eaf" and "free" to get an idea about
memory usage and all processes listed on the system.

                                   Art.