Re: N-AWIPS/GEMPAK archive of Katrina data.

I am working on trying to figure out the best way to distribute the data. I
am actually going to need to purchase another hard drive to move the data
over to and compress  Then from there I need to determine how best to make
it available. I am thinking of using zip to break it up into a number of
smaller
files.  Tarring a 110GB single file probably won't work.   Any suggestions
would be welcomed. I have not tried to send such a large data file
before.

Also if any one has the space/bandwidth that can host this data, that would
be great. I do not have the bandwidth to send to multiple people.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Dross
Meteorologist/Scientist