pfm release - beta

Ldmbuds, gembuds, nwsbuds.

Since chiz announced adding albany's speed patch to gempak, and I am so excited
at the results, I am announcing the beta version of the PFMs we discussed a few
weeks ago.. thank you everyone for your input along the way :)

To refresh the topic, we know that official PFMs are not produced for all
zones, so I wrote a few routines to degrib the NDFD data, dump the variables
into MySQL, pull them back out, parse, and create pseudo PFMs for every weather
zone in conus (I call them BG PFMs in fun). When I have time I will of course
do Alaska and Hawaii as well.  So far everything seems to be working well. I
update them hourly to coincide with the ndfd updates, so some small differences
will be noticed as official PFMs are not updated hourly.. What you see is
essentially a rough draft and considered to be in 'beta' form. I welcome
comments / criticisms / suggestions as you view your respective areas, and will
make changes after I finish writing / grading final exams :o

As far as distribution of the final product users may of course pull relevant
files for their area from my existing web server (or others that I could make
available.  [wget'ing the entire product queue is of course discouraged, and
ip's will be blocked accordingly]), or I could of course setup an ldm stream
for the products. but I would need assistance on the procedure(s) to do so.

To view your areas use the imagemap at the url below and select your zone
represented by the 'dots' .  if you hold your mouse point over a given zone,
the name of the zone will appear for you. the lines on the map represent
counties, so obviously more than one zone (pfm) will be available in many
instances: http://weather.bgsu.edu/pfm/index.php?img=usa at the top right two
additional sources are available.

1. a nws pfm decoder and 2. processing status information, that shows a user
how far along given routines are.. in case you are waiting for an update.

Best wishes to all, and happy holidays!

-pat