Re: 20060201: Nsharp resource file

Thanks.

It turns out that $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl was pointing to the
directory where the data resides...but that the file names did not
follow the proper convention.  Instead of "YYYYMMDD_upa.gem" specified
in the table, I was using "YYMMDD_upa.gem". An old habit from the
pre-Y2K days. Changing the file names solved the problem.
So what do I do with this old resource file in my .app-defaults
directory? If I remove it, Nsharp quits on startup. Leaving it there
seems to do no harm.

David

You are referencing old files. The configuration of the menu pulldowns
is done through $GEMTBL/nsharp files, where the data set name UAIR in
nsharp_observed.tbl is the $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl alias- the same
datalocation you would be expecting by using the UAIR template in the
SN* programs.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support