gdgsfc question

Dear Gembud,

I'm tring to extract NWP point forecasts into a surface file in the following
manner:

(1) Created a sub-set list of the sfstns.tbl file, adding a new station to the list
(which I called "ATE" for now).
(2) Created new surface file with sfcfil.
(3) Run gdgsfc to extract the surface parameters to the stations in the surface
file created in (2).
(4) Examine extracted data using sflist.

The problem I've encountered is with the new station "ATE".  Even though I
defined the lat/lon and rest of its station data correctly in the sub-setted .tbl file,
the data are not getting corrected extracted to the station.  In fact, sflist shows the
slat and slon as completely incorrect, not at all reflecting the values I put into the
station table file used in sfcfil.

So, what can I do to get the new station data recognized within the surface
file?
Thanks in advance,
Jon

Jonathan L. Case, Meteorologist