Meteosat-8 Overlay Problem

I am having difficulty getting satellite images from Meteosat-8 in AREA
format to properly display in Garp and NMAP2.  The image actually loads
but does not properly display the map overlays.  I also cannot zoom in
on the image either.  I had a similar problem with MTSAT-1R when it came
online but it was due not having any entry for it in imgtyp.tbl.  I have
an entry (the distribution default) for Meteosat-8 in the imgtyp.tbl
file.  I obtained the AREA files from the public NESDIS ADDE server and
I am running GEMPAK 5.9.1.  Is anyone else having this problem or have
any idea how to correct it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kris Booker

Houston, TX