20060627: GDDIAG problem in GEMPAK

  • To: "Melick, Christopher ""James (UMC-Student)" <cjmzr5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 20060627: GDDIAG problem in GEMPAK
  • From: Steve Chiswell <chiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Jun 2006 14:21:16 -0600
Chris,

Your problem in precision of the stored diagnostic is due to your GPACK
setting in GDDIAG.

The GPACK parameter will use GRIB/16 if left blank. Since you identified
the problem as a large range of data values, you likely need to increase
the number of packing bits being used, or set GPACK=NONE.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 13:59, Melick, Christopher James (UMC-Student)