gridded data input

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm currently working on using Gempak to overlay radar data with
contours of surface pressure, temperature, etc. from the Oklahoma
mesonet.  I'm doing a time-space transformation on the mesonet data, so
I would need to be able to plot data with a resolution of more than the
currently allowed hundredths of a degree of latitude or longitude.

However, one way I was looking at to get around this was to use a
different program to objectively analyze the surface data and put it in
grid form (this grid would then have a resolution of .1 x .1 degrees,
and so mapping it in GEMPAK wouldn't be a problem.)  I've already
computed grids of the data with a program I wrote that uses the MQD
analysis scheme.  Is it possible to input these grids into Gempak and
have it contour them?  I was guessing the program GDCFIL would be useful
here, but it seemed like that would run them through the Barnes analysis
before contouring.
Thank you for your help!
Becky Adams

Rebecca Adams