Contour Label Placement - gdplot3

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there is a way, using gdplot3, to change where along a contour the labels are placed?

For example, in a contoured field of 500mb Heights, all the contour labels are along the contours, and generally right down the middle of the map. I'd these labels to be plotted at the endpoints along the edge of the map, where possible.

I tried changing the text justification to "Left" in the "TEXT" parameter, but this does not seem to affect contour labels.

Thanks,
-Mike Hardiman