[gembud] surface station tables - making one

I am a new GEMPAK user. I collected data from various surface stations which many of them go with 5 digit WBAN identifiers, and some have simply consist of letters. When I try to create a gempak surface file I encounter a problem about surface stations not being found in table/s. So My question is that
Can I make my own surface station table like the one below?
surface station ID   lat   lon elevation   etc.....
If/when I make that table, how can I force GEMPAK to use that table? Is there any pre-proccessing before the use of that table?
thanks