Re: [gembud] nex2gini question(s)

Pete,
To run nex2gini, the GFUNC variable is used as the %PROD% parameter name in the
search for available files.

The nex2gini phelp shows the use of GFUNC=N0R, which then would look for files
named $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/N0R/N0R_YYYYMMDD_HHNN The datatype.tbl template is used
so that each %SITE% within the provided nexrad.tbl file can be search for
within the specified time range where the site id is part of the directory
structure provided by the template.

The N0R string will not match your BREF_1.00 string, so you are not finding any files
that match the criteria, and therefore the blank product. The N0R string is part of the
PIL identifier in NOAAport, so provides a convenient way to file the data from the LDM.
If you are using BREF as a convention, you will have to adjust the GFUNC name
accordingly, but I would suggest not using the "_" character within your
parameter name since it may confuse the parsing of the other fields. Eg, use
BREF1/BREF1_YYYYMMDD_HHNN with GFUNC=BREF1.

The output file is creates in the current directory if no other file path is
given.  The datatype.tbl file is used for template matching of input data, but
not used in any way for creation of your output file.

As for file size, when COMPRESS=NO, a standard GINI format file is created.
The KXKY=4736;3000 is a raster of 14,208,000 points, so your output file will
be that many bytes, plus 512 bytes of header information. Using COMPRESS=yes
will use PNG compression for the raster portion, and depending on the actual
data, will compress to around 2MB.