Re: [gembud] [Fwd: Re: GEMPAK going away in 3-5 years?]

Thanks, we will be at the conference. Looking forward to the presentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Steve Schotz
Sent: Fri 1/11/2008 1:03 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gembud] [Fwd: Re:  GEMPAK going away in 3-5 years?]

Gembuds:

The NAWIPS development team at NCEP is preparing a presentation for the
24th IIPS Conference at the 2008 AMS Meeting in New Orleans. This
presentation will be given on Wed 1/23 in session 6A.

The presentation will outline our plans for migrating NAWIPS
functionality to AWIPS-II. We will present the risks, challenges and
opportunities this migration provides for the NCEP forecasters, the
AWIPS-II program and the wider community of NAWIPS/GEMPAK users.

If you are attending the AMS Meeting, please come to the presentation.
Otherwise, the presentation will be made available via the AMS Meeting
web site.

Steve Schotz
NAWIPS Team Lead
NWS / NCEP / NCO