Re: [gembud] FW: Segmentation fault using gdedit

  • To: "Melick, Christopher J (UMC-Student)" <cjmzr5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gembud] FW: Segmentation fault using gdedit
  • From: "Arthur A. Person" <person@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:36:17 -0400 (EDT)
Christopher,

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Melick, Christopher J (UMC-Student) wrote:

Dear gembud users,

I don't want to take up all of Patrick's time. This is really for anyone that might be able to help. I still have this feeling it might be the LLMXTG parameter, currently set at 9 million in GEMPAK 5.11.1. My grid size is over 17 million grid points. Could someone take a look at my attached data file?

Yep, that's big. I tried a gdcfil with those dimensions on our system (which I've already increased the size on) and it says:

   "WARNING: This grid is too large for GEMPAK programs."

I assume that means you'll need to rebuild gempak with larger parameter values as you suspect. When I do mine, I change the following parameters whereever they occur in gemprm.h, MCHPRM.Linux and GEMPRM.PRM:

LLMXGD000000
LLMDGG=80000000  -> 4 X LLMXGD
LLMXTG000000

I set the above values to 20,000,000 thinking that will allow your 19,000,000 grid size... you might want to make it even a little bigger. I'm not an expert at this... so if anyone sees a problem with the above, please chime in!

Hope that helps...

                              Art