Re: [gembud] GEMPAK question

Kevin,

Removing $GEMLIB/gdvint.a before recompiling appears to have worked(no more errors with too many levels). In past cases when I recompiled something, Steve Chiswell didn't tell me to remove anything from $GEMLIB. I just invoked "make clean, make all, make install". Thanks for this new bit of information to the programming challenged.

James

James Murakami
Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

  e-mail: tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
telephone: 310-825-2418
     Fax: 310-206-5219

Kevin R. Tyle wrote:
Hmm . . . that sounds like the gdvint did not get rebuilt with the updated viprm.prm . . . James, be sure you remove/rename $GEMLIB/gdvint.a before rebuilding gdvint with the revised viprm.prm . . .

What OS (version of UNIX) are you building/running gdvint on?