Re: [gembud] GEMPAK NAWIPS Functionality

Cool.  I like what I see so far.  I will need to play with it some more.

Don Murray wrote:

1) Quality of graphics.  We have a number of professors, scientist,
    and students that submit graphics from GEMPAK for publication.
    We don't feel that the quality of IDV is there yet and probably
    won't be unless it has the capability to output some form of
    vector graphics.  A couple of our professors consider this the
    highest priority.

This is available in the IDV  nightly release and will be included in
the 2.6 release later this fall. The IDV now supports PDF, PS and SVG output of the display. The only caveat is that we are not able to perform the Z ordering that the graphics card does for 3D objects, so it
works best in an overhead view (e.g. 2D like display).  Feedback is
appreciated.

--
Larry Oolman
Department of Atmospheric Science