[gembud] GEMPAK autoplacement

Hi all,

I am using GEMPAK to process BUFR data and to produce SIGWX charts.

First, autoplacement works, but no arrows are plotted between the label and the reference object (say, cloud).
Does anyone know why?

Next, I would like to have tropopause height labels participate in autoplacement. (Not to move, but to have other labels not plot over them). Is it possible to use placement.tbl to add them to the autoplacement engine? Any other method?

Finally, I often find two labels which are exactly alike next to each other pointing to seperate reference objects. It would be alot less cluttered if there were one label with two arrows (or two exactly coincident labels which would appear as one). Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Mark Hughes,

Global Weather Dynamics, Inc.