[gembud] determining model terrian height

Seems like I should know this, but I don't.  I wrote a gdvint script that
interpolates GFS/NAM/RUC data to height above ground for 300 meters above
ground.  It then occurred to me that I don't know what the particular model
thinks is the elevation at my chosen grid point.  I did a gdinfo for the
nam212, gfs212, and ruc255 and did not see anything that might give me model
terrain height at a given grid point (say using gdpoint).  Does anyone know how
to do this?

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax
CSBF/NMSU