Re: [gembud] Using GEMPAK to reduce station pressure to something otherthan MSL

Sorry, let me correct myself, I mean reducing the pressure to a level of about
1470 meters, the average elevation of the area in question.

-----Original Message-----
From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Robert Mullenax
Sent: Thu 8/27/2009 1:20 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gembud] Using GEMPAK to reduce station pressure to something
otherthan MSL

I would like to use GEMPAK to reduce station pressure (PALT) to an intermediate
level for use in high terrain..in our case reducing it to 847mb instead of sea
level.  We have bene doing this for many years now with a variety of inhouse
programs, but for several reasons I would like to just do this in GEMPAK.
However, I don't want to grid the data and then produce some sort of gridded
file, I just want to add a parameter to a surface file that can then be
plotted, printed, and hand analyzed.  I think it would be fairly easy to do
with gridded data using the various math params to do the calculation..but how
to just modify a GEMPAK surface file?

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax
CSBF Meteorology