[gembud] " NOPROC - Nonexistent executable" error

Gembuddies,

We're having some problems with our GEMPAK 5.11.4 build (on RHEL5).
Programs like gdlist and gdcntr give " NOPROC - Nonexistent executable" at
launch and:

 Error in message send = 22
 itype, ichan, nwords,0,98304,3

when run.  We've found the message in the archives (
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg03832.html)
to the same effect, but have been unable to resolve the problem. Gemenviron
gets read at login and cleanup -c has been run, but the errors remain.  gplt
and ps are in the GEMEXE directory:

[541 bcotton@devo ~ ]$ ls $GEMEXE/ps $GEMEXE/gplt
/opt/gempak/os/linux/bin/gplt  /opt/gempak/os/linux/bin/ps
[542 bcotton@devo ~ ]$

And there are no files of the same name in my $CWD.  No other GEMPAK
processes are running on the system.  Any thoughts?

BC

--
Ben Cotton
Unix Systems Administrator