Re: [gembud] viewing reanalysis data in nmap2. . .

Thanks for the response, Kevin.  Probably part of the problem is that
I'm having a hard time finding what all of the fields represent in the
various table files.

Here is my entry for datatype.tbl:
NNRPPGB      $GEMDATA/model/nnrppgb    YYYYMMDD_nnrppgb.gem
CAT_GRD  SCAT_ANL  124  44640    360      OFF/0/0      4

I've tried changing the file name to just a non-date defined name (ie,
nnrppgb.gem), I've tried changing the subcategory to SCAT_FCT, I've
tried changing the other columns - nothing has worked so far.  I assume
#FRM is the number of frames in the file (or maximum # of frames?).  In
this case it would be 124 (31 days times 4x per day).  I'm guessing the
RANGE is the time span that the file covers in minutes (31 days times
1440 minutes per day).  I assume INTRVL is the data interval in minutes
(6 hours times 60 minutes per hour).  I don't know what BIN HRS refers
to, but they all look the same, and it looks like TIME MATCH shouldn't
matter in this case.

Here's an entry for mod_res.tbl for plotting PMSL:
NNRPPGB_PMSL                     $NMAP_RESTORE/IBR/nnrppgb/nnrppgb_pmsl
A0.nnrppgb       nnrppgb

That looks pretty straightforward - I think.

And here is the current restore file that I've been experimenting with
for PMSL (I've tried tweaking this as well):
!---------------------------------------------------------------------
!
! Restore File : PMSL
!
GDATTIM all
GLEVEL  0
GVCORD  none
PANEL   0
SKIP    0
SCALE   0
GDPFUN  pmsl
TYPE    c
CONTUR  1
CINT    1
LINE    1
FINT
FLINE
HILO
HLSYM
CLRBAR  1
WIND
REFVEC
TITLE   5/-1/~ @ PMSL OA!0
TEXT    1/21//hw
CLEAR   yes
STNPLT
SATFIL
RADFIL
STREAM
POSN    4
COLORS  2
MARKER  2
GRDLBL  5
LUTFIL  none
FILTER  yes
PROJ    mer
GAREA   or
!---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what happens when I try to load the reanalysis data into nmap2.
I select GRID in the top level scroll list in the "Data Source" window.
Then I select nnrppgb in the next scroll list (titled GRID).  But then
in the next scroll list (titled nnrppgb) I get the listing of all the
times which are contained within my single gem file - not just the first
time as I would like to see.

I can select any of the times, and the same thing happens - I'm
presented with my GROUP (A0.nnrppgb).  I select that and get the name
for the field I've defined (NNRPPGB_PMSL).  I select that and click on
"Accept" - and nothing.  The pane that should show the available times
that I can select to plot is empty.

It really seems like it wants to treat each analysis time point
separately - even though they are all in a single file.  If I could
trick it into thinking that the first time was an analysis, and the rest
were forecasts then I think it might work.

Kevin, are you sure that the data in your file is all labeled with time
tags indicating that they are analysis data (like mine below)?  If so,
I'm not sure why mine isn't working.  Does anybody know how I might be
able to trick gempak into thinking my analysis data is a forecast?  Or
another way to make this work?

Thanks,
Mike