Re: [gembud] [GEMPAK #YUD-318283]: help

Chiz,

Merry Christmas! How's life on the Right Coast treating you?

I'd appreciate the directions, and will snag libgd: It's part of my normal load for Mapserver, and most other systems that generate graphics, so adding it routinely to Gempak builds won't be a problem.

Take, care, Gerry

Steven.Chiswell@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Jeff, Gerry, Michael et al,

I provided a PNG device driver with the GEMPAK distribution, being built under
$GEMPAK/source/driver/active/png

This is using the "gf" driver imaging, so "png" does require the X display as does the gf driver.

In the interim since, boutell.com made the gd library available (which is the key component of the "gif" driver that runs without an X display) with necessary updates to support png (and jpg) so I can send you the steps needed to make a png driver that is X independent. Download the GD library from http://libgd.org. <http://libgd.org/>

Chiz

*"Jeff Lake - Admin" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12/19/2009 08:40 PM

        "Gerry Creager" <gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx>
cc
        gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
        Re: [gembud] [GEMPAK #YUD-318283]: help

so true..
I was using the images from the GOES server, which is in TIFF,
the using ImageMagick to combine the overlay's and convert to jpg and png

be nice if GEMPAK had png or jpg support ..... hint hint....

-Jeff

IIRC, a little script-foo with ImageMagick's convert should do the trick
'til the TIFF driver is back in action.
gerry