Re: [gembud] Found the netCDF issue and how to tmp fix it,

ok, I just realized I left out some of what I had to do. It looks like that
netCDF error is breaking it as well.

To do this you do not start with a clean tree, eg don't do it on a fresh
untar or run make clean or make distclean.  If you have, do your make all
again.  I couldn't get it to work on a clean source tree.
first edit the file GEMPAK5.11.4/extlibs/netCDF/v3.6.2/man/Makefile.am

Here are the lines you are looking for

# These will be installed on the user machine. We'll only install one
# version of the html docs, the ones with one page per manual. The
# version with one page per node is just for the netCDF website, so we
# don't ship it or install it.
if INSTALL_DOCS
doc_DATA = $(pdf_docs) $(html_mans) $(txt_docs) $(ps_docs)      \
$(html_docs) $(info_docs)
endif

This is just docs that you probably don't use anyways. My Makefile knowledge
isn't good enough to track the problem further up from here. This starts at
line 68. So we will just comment out the part that sets doc_DATA so it
should end up looking like.

# These will be installed on the user machine. We'll only install one
# version of the html docs, the ones with one page per manual. The
# version with one page per node is just for the netCDF website, so we
# don't ship it or install it.
if INSTALL_DOCS
#doc_DATA = $(pdf_docs) $(html_mans) $(txt_docs) $(ps_docs)      \
#$(html_docs) $(info_docs)
endif

then chdir into the GEMPAK5.11.4/extlibs/netCDF/v3.6.2 directory and run

libtoolize --autmake --force

then from the same directory run

make all

Once that completes chdir back out to GEMPAK5.11.4 and run your make all or
make everything again except put it into a different log, eg  "make all $>
make.out.fixed".  It will only build the parts that failed at this point,
which are the ones that failed due to the netCDF build failure.  Double
check that everything built fine then your free to run your make install and
make clean.

Hopefully this will get you running. I'm gonna try to learn enough makefile
to backtrace the problem.