Re: [gembud] Installing GEMPAK on Fedora

I think all your other prerequisites I was supposed to install went well. They
all seemed to install correctly except the ones coming up showing already
installed.

I'm beginning to think, I don't believe I built openmotif like I did back
during the Mac OS X build. When you mention:

Then openmotif 2.3.1 build should work fine.
Then rpm -e openmotif and openmotif-devel, and move the 64-bit library
files that should go in /usr/lib64 but are in /usr/lib instead when make
install is run on openmotif-2.3.1:
  cd /usr/lib; mv libXm* libUil* X11 libMrm* ../lib64

What do I need to do to build openmotif 2.3.1? Then after I build it, then I
run the rpm -e openmotif and rpm -e openmotif-devel?

After that, then I run this command? cd /usr/lib; mv libXm* libUil* X11 libMrm*
../lib64

Once that's done, since I've attempted to build GEMPAK before, do I need to run
a make distclean before I attempt another make?

Just clearing up a couple things before I proceed. I believe I see what I've
been doing wrong and almost there!

Thanks again!

Nathan Parker

WeatherBug Backyard Support