Re: [gembud] Generating NEXRAD radar imagery with gpmap_gf

  • To: Greg Stossmeister <gstoss@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gembud] Generating NEXRAD radar imagery with gpmap_gf
  • From: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:10:47 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Greg Stossmeister wrote:

Does anyone generate a lot of individual NEXRAD level III products with gpmap_gf? I'm trying to generate real-time plots of NOQ Reflectivity and NOU Velocity from 30 radars in the midwest and its crashing my server after a few hours, even when I only run 3 plots at a time. I'm running GEMPAK6.4.0 on a RHEL 6 machine with 64 GB of memory. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong and if someone has a better way of doing this.

crashing your server, how? Exhausting memory? kernic panic? Are the processes not going away once running them? How are you running them?

daryl

--
/**
 * Daryl Herzmann