Re: [gembud] Generating NEXRAD radar imagery with gpmap_gf

Greg,

Are you using the original compressed level III products, or are you piping them through ucnids to uncompress them? I had a similar problem to this using nex2gini in GEMPAK 6.2. Occasionally the ucnids uncompressed products would be corrupt somehow and cause the nex2gini program to just hang. Eventually my system would hang with many, many hung gempak processes.

I changed my setup so I am now just saving the level III files in their compressed format and letting GEMPAK uncompress, so far no problems.

Not sure if this is your problem, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Pete