From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
pmanousos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:52 PM
To: "gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"@FirstEnergyCorp.com
Subject: [gembud] NWX question

Greetings - could not find this or similar on GEMBUD archives.

Question - what needs to be done to a raw text file that doesnt seem to
require a decoder so that it is displayable in NWX?

Details:
1. We are pulling AFDs directly from NOAA tgftp server for viewing in NWX.
 When they arrive they are raw text files (like fxus61.kbox.afd.box.txt).
 After trial and error and viewing the source code we could get so far as
to determine these raw text files should eventually land in
$TEXT_DATA/pub_/AFD/yyyymmdd.ext

2. Although we did not identify a decoder in $GEMEXE, we are uncertain if
AFD's or similar require a GEMPAK decoder, nor are we sure if ".ext" is
literal or it should be AFD.

3. After copying the file into 20120614.AFD we were unable to get this to
display in NWX (message is "No data available for FXUS61 BOX in the last
120 hour(s)." with no error messages in the parent terminal window from
which we launched NWX.

Better yet - is there an online resource that explains this?

Pete

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.