Re: [gembud] Issue Building GEMPAK (OpenMotif Actually) on Mac OS X

I *thought* that might have been it ...
but not knowing Mac's ....

-Jeff Lake
MichiganWxSystem.com
AllisonHouse.com
TheWeatherCenter.net
GRLevelXStuff.com

On 9/23/2012 21:26, Michael James wrote:
for the list: solution was "./configure" instead of "configure"

-mj

On Sep 22, 2012, at 16:15, Nathan Parker <backyard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:backyard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I have an iMac running OS X Mountain Lion 10.7.2 with MacPorts Mountain Lion Edition and XCode 4.5. I have installed the pre-requisites listed and am now trying to build OpenMotif 2.3.3. I untarred the file in my home directory (labeled nathan, it's also where I'll be building GEMPAK) and have proceeded to build it, but I receive an error message when I try to build. Here's my current Terminal output:

Last login: Sat Sep 22 18:02:59 on ttys002
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ cd openmotif-2.3.3
nathans-mac:openmotif-2.3.3 nathan$ export CFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib" nathans-mac:openmotif-2.3.3 nathan$ configure --prefix=/opt/local; make all
-bash: configure: command not found
make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
nathans-mac:openmotif-2.3.3 nathan$

What do I need to do to successfully build OpenMotif?

A couple of other things for the record.

I'm using a Bash shell.

I've successfully installed GEMPAK on CentOS 5.8, so I've become more familiar with the process. I've installed 6.7.0 on CentOS and trying to install 6.7.0 on OS X.

For the record here's a simplified look at the prerequisites install so you know it went OK:

Last login: Sat Sep 22 18:00:02 on ttys000
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install gcc45
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for gcc45
--->  Cleaning gcc45
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install gcc_select
--->  Cleaning gcc_select
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port select gcc mp-gcc45
Selecting 'mp-gcc45' for 'gcc' succeeded. 'mp-gcc45' is now active.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-libXtst
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libXtst
--->  Cleaning xorg-libXtst
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install fontconfig jpeg libpng
--->  Computing dependencies for fontconfig
--->  Cleaning fontconfig
--->  Cleaning jpeg
--->  Computing dependencies for libpng
--->  Cleaning libpng
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install splint xbitmaps Xft2
--->  Cleaning splint
--->  Cleaning xbitmaps
--->  Computing dependencies for Xft2
--->  Cleaning Xft2
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-libXp xorg-libXmu xpm
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libXp
--->  Cleaning xorg-libXp
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libXmu
--->  Cleaning xorg-libXmu
--->  Computing dependencies for xpm
--->  Cleaning xpm
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$

Only interesting thing I've noticed. I don't think libXrender is in Mac Ports for Mountain Lion users. See this output:

Last login: Sat Sep 22 18:00:22 on ttys001
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install freetype
--->  Computing dependencies for freetype
--->  Cleaning freetype
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-renderproto libXrender
--->  Cleaning xorg-renderproto
Error: Port libXrender not found
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install libXrender
Error: Port libXrender not found
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-printproto
--->  Cleaning xorg-printproto
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-libXt
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libXt
--->  Cleaning xorg-libXt
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-libsm
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libsm
--->  Cleaning xorg-libsm
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-libice
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libice
--->  Cleaning xorg-libice
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install xorg-renderproto
--->  Cleaning xorg-renderproto
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
nathans-mac:~ nathan$ sudo port install libxrender
Error: Port libxrender not found
nathans-mac:~ nathan$

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

WeatherBug Backyard Support

This message (including any attachments) is a confidential and privileged communication of
Earth Networks and intended only for the addressee. Any unauthorized use,
distribution or copying of this message (or any attachment) is prohibited. If you are not the addressee or a person authorized to receive messages for the addressee, you have received this message in error. In that case, please delete this message and call us at 301-250-4000 so that we can correct our records in order to avoid this mistake in the future. Thank you.