Re: [gembud] Gempak on a mini PC?

I've done it on an Atom-based Shuttle XS-36 with no problems. Biggest issue
is enough RAM but you can get 8GB into the Atom and it works well. The one
I currently have on the desk next to me has an SSD and no fan. Silent. Oh,
and while slow, NMAP works.

gerry

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Mike Hardiman - NWS Federal <
mike.hardiman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey Gembuds,
>
> Has anyone ever tried installing Linux and compiling Gempak on a mini-PC
> like the Cubieboard, or something a little bit larger like a Zotac Zbox?
> I'd like to have something to mess around with creating custom plots, which
> could be left on 24/7 without a noisy fan and power-sucking components.  I
> wouldn't be trying to run any of the GUI-based programs with this.
>
> Examples of the sort of hardware I have in mind:
> http://cubieboard.org/
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?Recs=10&Nav=|c:2313|&Sort=4
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike Hardiman