[gembud] Degribbing Ukmet Grib1 from tgftp site

Greetings.  We are receiving an NOBNDS - No grid points in graphics area
[DG -40] Subset grid bounds cannot be computed message from gdplot3 on
nagribbed ukmet files retrieved from the tgftp server.

We suspect it has something to do with the grib files and know just enough
about grib to get by, but not enough to address this issue properly. It
seems like some key piece of info in the grib message is missing causing
GEMPAK to fail.

We have done searching on google, gembud, and experimented unsuccessfully
with cnvgrb, dcgrib and ultimately get the same null result.

If anyone is successfully converting ukmet grib files from the tgftp
server into GEMPAK grids (that are plottable in gdplot3) we would
appreciate any advice.

For reference here is how we get from the grib file to grid file:

Pull
ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/ST.opnl/MT.bmoav_CY.CC/RD.YYYYMMDD/PT.grid_DF.bb/fh.0012_t1.hight

(where CC is the current cycle and YYYYMMDD the present date)
Degrib using nagrib (output file is test.grd -- using GDS in CPYFIL and
maxgrids=4000)
gdinfo on test.grd shows what you would expect (proper date/times, levels,
gvcords, gridnames)
Plotting in gdplot3 yields the NOBNDS error

Pete

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.